© Dupont Photo
© Dupont Photo
INTRODUCING THE PROJECT
The project aims to improve access to clean water and sanitation in 10 villages in the commune of Lobo in southeastern Yaounde, Cameroon, by setting up 10 boreholes equipped with hand pumps, 2 blocks of latrines as pilot in a school and a for education in sanitation and hygiene. This project was the subject of a preliminary training conducted by three students of AgroParisTech-Montpellier in March 2017, mandated and supervised by Experts-Solidaires.
The project consists of putting in place more efficient and sustainable water point management systems It includes basics of collective sanitation, through the construction of ecological latrines with ventilated pits. The aim is to make ecological sanitation a sustainable approach to recycling the nutrients contained in human excreta in order to transform them into organic matter necessary for soil fertilization (subject to awareness and outreach education).
- 10 boreholes equipped with a PMH are built.
- 10 Water Point Management Committees with at least 10 members
- A federation of management committees have been created and centralised at the commune level
- 2 blocks of eco-friendly double pit latrines built in a school as a pilot
RESULTS DIRECTS ATTENDUS
- Access to drinking water is guaranteed at 100 and guaranteed by the construction of ten drilling units
- Drinking water needs are met on a daily basis
- Twenty fontainiers are trained and responsible for the maintenance of the pumps.
- Ten management committees are created, formed and established as a federation of water users
- Two eco-friendly latrines are built in a school
- The population of the ten villages has been made aware of the hygiene of access to water.
- Social services: access to safe and accessible drinking water, improved health and hygiene, reduced burden of water
- Environmental: reducing the health risks associated with sanitation, producing natural fertilizers that preserve soil fertility, the emergence of a new ecological sanitation technique
- Institutional: strengthening the framework of the decentralisation process, duplicate of the project in the Central Cameroon region
- Association A.U.N.T.D.: Association for the Use of New Technologies for Development
- LOBO Rounding Commune
- Cameroon’s Ministry of Water and Energy (MINEE)
- ERA Cameroun
- Artois Picardy Water Agency
- SIEP of Picardy
- AIGNEville SIAEP
- Greater Lyon, Waters of Greater Lyon
DURATION: 2018 / 2020